Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thick and Quick Beret



Using up some yarn that I have had in my stash FOREVER!

Lion Brand Thick and Quick Chenille and an N hook

Rnd 1) ch3, 11dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc (11dc)
Rnd 2) ch2, 2dc in same st and in neach st around, (22dc)
Rnd 3) ch2, 2dc in same st, dc in next st, * 2dc in next st, dc in next st, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first dc, (33dc)
Rnd 4) ch2, 2dc in same st, dc in next 2sts, * 2dc in next st, dc in next 2sts, repeat from * around, 44dc
Rnd 5-8) ch2, dc in each st around
Rnd 9) ch2, * dc in first st, dc next 2sts together, repeat from * around, dc last 2sts together
Rnd 10-11) ch1, sc in each st around

2 comments:

  1. What do I have to do to adjust the pattern for an adult? I'm new at crochet and this hat is beautiful so I really want to do it but I have no Idea how to adjust it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go up a hook to P15 (10 mm), keep going up by 11 until you reach 55, add about 3 more rounds of Dc in each st. The hat should measure 9" from center of crown to end.

    ReplyDelete