Sunday, July 19, 2009

Girlie Cape





This is modeled by my 4 year old. It is made for my niece who is about 5. I used a no name yarn, but it's similar to Bernat Baby Coordinates. Knitting needles size 15, using two starnds held together. I used a botton as a closure for the top.

Cast on 40sts
Row 1) knit
Row 2) knit
Row 3) knit 1, *yo twice, knit 1, repeat from * accross, knit last st.
Row 4) knit 1,* drop both yo, knit next st, repeat from * accross,
Row 5) knit
Row 6) knit
Repeat row 3-6 for desired length
I had a total of 13 repeats for mine. This is easily adjusted by adding or subtracting stitches. The button I used was fairly large and fit through one of the holes made by the dropped stitches. I also cut lengths using two strands to make fringe at the bottom where the garter stitch rows are.
Please link back to my page, but feel free to use my pattern to make and sell or gift your own projects! Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment